This article is to enlighten you on how to effectively download any YouTube video of your choice to have it watched later without stress.
Users may download videos from YouTube for offline viewing, but there are a few restrictions. Users in India (and a few other countries) may simply download YouTube videos to their cellphones using YouTube’s download option. The resolution is limited to 720p for free users, and the files are only available for 48 hours.
The videos may be downloaded in full resolution for premium members. While downloads were previously confined to mobile users, the streaming site recently launched an offline mode function for desktop users as well. The only caveat is that this function is only available to Premium subscribers. Not all videos, however, may be downloaded.
The ones that are set to private viewing are not downloaded, and content authors can block the option for offline viewing.
How to download YouTube videos on your phone
While Premium subscribers may download material for offline viewing, there are a few videos that can be downloaded without paying for the service. These films will only be available for up to 48 hours when viewed offline. After that, every 48 hours, you’ll need to reconnect your device to a mobile or Wi-Fi network. By reconnecting, the app will be able to check for any changes to the video or its availability. There is just a handful of places on the planet where you may download videos. India is on the list, and you can see which regions are covered on this website. To download YouTube videos on Android or iOS, follow the instructions below:
- Open the YouTube app and navigate to the video you want to save.
- Click the three-dot symbol located beneath the video. Select Download Video.
- When the download is finished, users may locate it under the Library > Downloads section.
- To adjust the download quality, go to Settings by clicking on the profile tab and then Downloads. Select Download Quality from the available choices. While Premium users may download in greater resolutions, free users can only download in 720p.
How to Download YouTube Videos to Your Computer
YouTube has added the option for desktop browser users to save videos for offline viewing. According to the Google-owned site, the functionality will only be available on computers running the most recent versions of Chrome, Edge, or Opera. On desktop, unlike mobile, this function is exclusively available to Premium subscribers. Follow the easy steps below to download a video to your desktop:
- Open your browser and go to YouTube. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of your browser.
- Go to the video you want to watch offline and select the three-dot option at the bottom of the screen. Click on the Download button.
- Once the video has been downloaded, it may be found in the Downloads part of the hamburger menu on the left.
- Go to Settings > Downloads to change the download quality. YouTube Premium subscribers get access to full-HD (1080p) downloads.
Readers of this article may also want to read on easy steps to monetize your YouTube channel In Ghana.